Saturday, March 3, 2007

Day 28: 4 Weeks Along

Update: 237.2 lbs, 21.0 lbs so far, 17.0 left to reach goal.

Today completes 4 weeks of this weight loss effort, and I'm still pumped about the progress. I know I'm moving at a quicker than normal pace, due to the amount of calories I'm consuming. I've even had someone online recently point out that I'm shooting too low for my age and size, but based on The Hackers Diet chart 1500-1600 per day is 500 less than a sedentary person my size would burn. I won't stay here forever, and I'm drinking water and exercising every day to keep the metabolism going. I'll slowly start increasing calories as I reach goals too.

All that to say, for those who are reading and hopping on board. Please do a little research to make sure your caloric intake is right for your age and size, and it would not even be a bad idea to check with a doctor or health care provider to just make sure you're ok to begin whatever plan you try. And by all means, if something starts hurting, or going wrong with your body, don't push on...see a doctor for sure. I'm no health expert...this is working for me, and I'm feeling very good, but your mileage may vary.

One last note: new amazing dinner last night. Mole chicken with pinto beans and pico de gallo. Cook chicken breasts in crock pot, or big pot on stove in mole sauce. This concentrate is high in calories, 230 per 2 tablespoons, but that mixes with water to make more than enough sauce for 8-10 breasts, so the actual calories per serving is minimal...most of the sauce stays in the pan, unless you heap it on when you serve. Anyway, after the chicken has cooked in the sauce for a long time, sprinkle with low fat mozzarella cheese (60 calories per 1/3 cup) and melt in oven, top with pico de gallo and serve with beans. Chicken breast: 100-150 calories, sauce: 30-50, beans: 60 per quarter cup dry, pico: 25 calories, cheese: 40-60 calories - 250-350 calories total for a very nice meal. Load up on the chicken, great protein and very filling!

Hasta!

No comments: