Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day 182: Moving Again

Update: 205.2 lbs, 50 lb Goal Reached Day 124. 7 lbs to 60 lb goal.

I'm sitting in Starbucks here in North Salem seeing how long I can just suck down the bandwidth before they kick me out. I had a meeting this morning, another one coming in a few, and possibly a third this afternoon. I don't think my brown butt can take these hard chairs for that long though, so I'm sure I'll bail before they have to ask me to leave

Well, it's been a touch and go kind of couple of weeks, but I can finally say we're moving again (and by 'we' I mean all four cheeks and a couple of chins), making forward progress. I'm down a pound today from my lowest previous point, weighing in at 205.2. Wow, that's like saying I'm just about 5 lbs away from 200...and man, that's gonna be cool.

We golfed with a client yesterday and after 18 he turned and said 'Go again?' Next thing you know, I'm teeing off on the number 1 hole for the second time that day. Let me just say, 36 holes of golf on 3 hours of sleep is a chore. I know the nay-sayers will come out saying I have nothing to complain about, and honestly, I'm not really complaining - just saying I was plenty beat by the end of the afternoon. I had hoped for a slim window to open up where I might be able to sneek in a nap, but I was on grill duty last night, and then we had to get out to pick apples, some really fragrant flowers and stop off at two different households to drop off our ill-gotten produce. By the time we got back, it was time for nighty night.

So, no golf today...gotta get some work done. I actually got out and did a quick loop today, which was amazing. The weather was perfect. My legs weren't too sore from riding the day before....heck, I hadn't ridden for most of the week before. Somehow, I'm going to need to get some miles logged though...September is coming quick, and I'll be at the starting line of the 70 miler with very little proper preparation.

That's it for me, gotta list a mile long to finish today. Tee time is 6:30 in the morning, so no time to dilly dally!

Hasta!

No comments: