Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 238: 3 Days Left!

Update: 207.2 lbs, 50 lb Goal Reached Day 124. 9 lbs to 60 lb goal.

Looks like there's no turning back now...a few notes heading into the last days.

I'm getting closer to my goal for the Livestrong Challenge. I've sent out some follow-up support letters, but if you would like to help contribute to the LAF, and help me reach my goal of $2500 for this event, you can click here, or click on the logo to the right. It is for a great organization doing a lot of wonderful work in the area of cancer research and advocacy. Also a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who've been so generous so far..I really appreciate it!

Next, it's looking more and more like it's going to rain on the day of the ride. I've done 50 miles, and I've done 1300 ft of elevation in 15 miles now, but never both of them together, and never either of them in the rain. I'm not looking forward to that. If you could send up some prayers that the majority of the rain hit AFTER our ride, I would appreciate it. I'm sure God has it all planned out perfectly, I'd just like his perfect plan to be for later in the afternoon. I need to go add a lightweight, waterproof jacket to my gear for the day, but at least I should be ready for riding in the damp Oregon fall.

Lastly, if anyone knows of any quick, gut-reducing actions I can take, I'd appreciate it. Our jerseys came in, which I think look great (I'll post a photo later on) but even though I got an XXL size (dang Euro-cut size) it's still kind of hugging my gut like a baby panda hangin' on to it's momma for dear life. Ok, it's not that bad, but I am keeping the food intake down just a bit in an effort to free up a little space.

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll put something else up before the ride, and of course after DownpourFest '07.

Hasta!

No comments: