Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 135: Purple Graze

Update: 210.2 lbs, 50 lbs so far, 50 lb Goal Reached Day 124. 12 lbs to 60 lb goal.

Yes, you read that right...I hit my 50 lb goal, and am back up 2 lbs. There I said it, just wanted to be honest with you. If we get it out of the way early on, we can have a better relationship because of it.

After hitting my goal a week ago last Thursay, I pondered where to go next. Work hard towards another goal, take it easy, do nothing...or something else. After pushing hard for 124 days, I decided to cruise a bit while making the decision and found out that it's much easier to go the other way, than to keep pushing forward. In the midst of deciding, I cruised right on through a couple parties, get-togethers, an overnight trip with kids, and picking up 100 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts between the last two Sundays. Needless to say, if you don't plan to not eat, you will....or at least *I* will.

Turns out, I'm just a grazer...I think that may be my biggest downfall. If you have a big table of food out, I'm going to be tempted. All weekend, we had food out...chips, cookies, candy, fruit, cheese doodles, etc. Then we were around a bon fire on the beach with tons of s'more makin' goodness, and I was grazin' through roasted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. Watching crazy college kids break boards with their heads will do that to me. Then birthday parties with chips, salsa, more chips, cheese cubes and crackers and I'm back to grazing yet again.

Part of the problem is I gave myself a break from entering in all my foods to the Daily Plate for the past week, and I think it's been a little too easy to let an extra few hundred calories slide in here and there. Still been trying to exercise every day, but also been doing some of this eating late at night. Guitar hero and chips until 2 am does not a healthy food plan make.

Anyway, I've got a new goal, and I'm back on the wagon. I'm hoping to use the early morning time before work as my exercise time. Where I used to be on the clock for getting kids going from 6 to 9, I can now use it to put some miles on the odometer. I'm going to shoot to get under 200 lbs, and since it's so close to that mark, will shoot for an even 60 lb loss, or a weight goal of 198.2 for this next milestone. No specific date in mind but I'm planning on exercising each day if possible, still aiming for that target goal of 1500 net calories, (and logging them at TDP) and drinking plenty of water. I hadn't really thought i'd be into going much below 200, and maybe I'll be happy there, but I'm thinking about trying to do 70 lbs, before my 70 mile ride, since there seems to be some number synergy going on with that goal....but we'll see.

Hasta!

No comments: