Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 231: I Don't Know My Own Strength

Update: 207.2 lbs, 50 lb Goal Reached Day 124. 9 lbs to 60 lb goal.

I know I've been losing fat and gaining some muscle mass, but I guess I didn't realize just how much.

Pictured below are my clubs. A few TaylorMade woods, three different wedges - a sand wedge from my old Tommy Armour 845s, a new Titleist gap wedge, and my trusty old rusty Cobra Phil Rodgers 60 degree that I've had since I was 12 years old. Until this summer, I've played that Cobra and my same Ping Anser putter...that's 26 years for those who are counting. I recently retired the Ping and have moved on to a Titleist putter, but the Cobra will never leave my bag. Anyway, you also see a set of TaylorMade R7 (draw bias) irons that I started playing about 2 months ago. So far, so good, I've been dialing them in and have been having some decent rounds with them. I really like the set up of my bag right now.


Now, pictured below is what happened out on hole 5 at Creekside on an approach shot to a cozy little green. Apparently I must have some pent up anger or frustration or something because as I came down on that ball with my 9 iron, something felt funky after impact, and then something felt really funky on the back of my head. I pulled my club back around to see this:


Yep, that's right, snapped it near the top of the shaft on impact - two month old clubs. The funky feeling I felt on my head was the club not stopping on the follow through and wacking me in the back of the head, leaving me with a headache for a few holes. After looking at my club for a few moments in amazement, I figured I'd better check out the damage from a wayward shot with a broken club, but to my bewilderment, I was about 10 feet from the cup, on the green. Two putts in, and a par. Crazy.

Now I've got to go replace my 9 iron.

Hasta.

No comments: