Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 369: One Year Later

Well, it's actually been more than a year, but figured I should commemorate the day somehow and dust this old blog off for a bit. So lets chat, over a hot cup of coffee from the Fogon, shall we?

On February 3 of 007, I set out to lose some weight. I won't bore you with all details in this post...you can go back through history and see the hows, whys, and whats that inspired me to get going. I blame it all on that Lifehacker, Kyle Pott. But I digress....I was pushing 260, and really wanted to get out of the whole Mexi-Claus look I had going on. I set many goals along the way, but really wanted to lose 50 lbs, and 124 days later, I did just that.

Now a year later, I'm happy to say that I've kept it off...well, mostly. Life got pretty crazy, busy, ugly, and stressful around September and pretty much stayed that way until just about now. Things are finally starting to feel like they may be getting back to normal. And I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and start making the next push.

I say I've mostly kept it off because I've fluctuated around that 50 lb mark off and on. Gaining back as much as 8 lbs, and losing as much as 3 more lbs for a total of 53 at my very best mark. Today I'm a good 5-6 lbs off of my mark, but still holding on to a 42-43 lb loss, which is the best I've ever done. I'm happy for that, but am feeling like I'm right at the Crossroads -- I'll either put back on my glutton hat, and get all jolly and fat again, or I'll get back to exercising, drinking water, and paying closer attention to the calories. I'm probably mostly writing this post for my own accountability in choosing the latter.

That's it. I'd have loved to have said I hit 70 or 100 lbs by now, but life happened. I'm trying to mix it all up now and see if I can't get stuff done and still lose weight. I think the next 50 lbs will be harder by far. :)

Hasta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo paul...glad I checked in on the ol' blog...sort of took a break from that world...Wanted to say "Congrats" on keeping off the weight...It's such an great accomplishment! BTW where is Fogon? Syd

Rich Young Ruler said...

Man.. your blog reminds me that I need to go on a diet.

Nice work on one year of success!!

Rich Young Ruler said...

I know.. I'll start my diet on this date next year!

2/29/09.. hold me to it!