Thursday, May 3, 2007

Day 89: Mmmmm.....Salsa....

Update: 216.8 lbs, 41.4 lbs so far, 38 lb Goal Reached Day 74. - 8.6 lbs to NEW 50 lb goal.

This week has just been eating up my time like crazy! I'm behind on stuff, and really need to get my booty shaking to get it all done! That being said, short post today.

I love salsa, particularly my mother's secret recipe (email me, and I'll give it to you.) But usually most kinds are pretty decent. How funny then that when I was at the bike shop this week, the frame that the dealer pointed me to was made by a company called Salsa. At first I thought he was kidding, and then thought, 'hey, is this because I'm brown dude?'

Even better than the bike being made by Salsa was the fact that the model was called 'La Raza' - for those of you not up to speed on your 'mexican' (as some like to call it) La Raza means 'the race' - typically meaning the hispanic race, as in Viva La Raza, or essentially, long live the race, or better yet, Brown Power.


I don't know if I could go around town, as a big brown guy, riding on a bike that screams out 'La Raza!' - but I sure did like this bike...well, I liked many bikes, but most of them cost more than my first few cars all put together!

That's it for me, gotta get to an early meeting!

Hasta La Raza!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Que Viva!!!!

Anonymous said...

The more i think/read about that bike, i think it would be a good one for you- except i would outfit it with Campy components (http://www.campagnolo.com) rather than the Shimano kit pictured.