Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 96: 5 Day Plateau

Update: 215.8 lbs, 42.4 lbs so far, 38 lb Goal Reached Day 74. - 7.6 lbs to NEW 50 lb goal.

Sorry for the late post to all the faithful readers out there. I had an early morning appointment out of town today, and am just stopping at the Starbucks to get directions to University of Portland to go watch my eldest sing her solo at the Best of The Northwest choir festival.

Despite working hard this week - I've put 75 miles on Nick's bike since Friday alone - I'm on a 5 Day Plateau right now, essentially staying right at this 216 lb mark. If it's true that I'm building up lean muscle mass from working hard on the bike, then I'm ok with that. Definitely the legs, arms, and shoulders all feel like they're starting to build a little something, but someone forgot to send the memo to the gutteral area that we're trying to build up anything of the lean variety. It's still hanging onto the "stuffed crust" look for now. It's actually going down, but only proportionately to the rest of the components, so it's still the most obvious.

At any rate, I said I would be happy with whatever rate I drop the weight, and for the most part, I still believe that, especially if the benefit is that I'm building some sort of muscles along the way. Good news is, at least we're not tipping the scales the other way yet!

That's it for now, gotta hit the freeway and continue up North.

Hasta!

No comments: