Thursday, March 8, 2007

Day 33: Gettin' Over The Hump

Update: 235.6 lbs, 22.6 lbs so far, 15.4 left to reach goal.

Did you know they call Wednesday 'Hump Day?' Well, they do. There's your useless piece of trivia for the day. For me though, hump day is Thursday this week, the day when I go up in weight a bit, and create a little hump in my weight loss progress graph. Seems like it's been about every 4-5 days recently that I see that little spike in my weight. I put red lines below every time I had a bump up. You can click that image below to see the larger version.


The good new so far is that I go back down the following day. As I mentioned in a previous post, 'hump day' reminds me that I just need to keep at it. I don't exercise twice as long, or eat half as much, I just keep at the same goal as the previous day knowing that it's working overall. Fluxuations in weight can be the product of so many variables - certain foods, too much salt, not enough water, not enough sleep (Lord help me) or one of a million other things in day to day life.

I also realize that I may be in the dreaded slowdown I knew was coming, but the progress continues to be good in the big picture. Some would say this is why you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, but I personally like it, and find it encouraging. I'll just look forward to getting over the hump each week....besides, just cruising right though this would be boring right? :)

On another note: I put some feed links to the right for those of you who are using feed readers -- there's a FeedBurner option, as well as Google Reader option.

Hasta.

No comments: