Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 72: Plastic Pizza

Update: 222.0 lbs, 36.2 lbs so far, 1.8 left to reach goal.

Back down to the pre-retreat weight today...I can't believe how long it's taking for these last few to come off. Makes me a little nervous about setting that goal for the next 20 lbs...could be 10-20 years to get that going....

I'm always amazed by what items become our kid's favorite toys. This ugly little slice of plastic pizza has become my two-year old's latest object of obsession. I don't even know where it came from, or how long he has had it, but all of a sudden it goes with him everywhere. Heading to church....need my pizza. Moving to another room....gotta take my pizza. Wake up in the middle of the night....Dad, where's my pizza?

This little plastic pizza has even made for some good laughs. Last night, when some kids were struggling to get through their workshop presentation at church, our rugrat ran across the presentation area, throwing this up in the air right in front of them. We were already laughing from Kent and Ty's interpretation of 'Manners for Dummies,' and this just completed the whole scene.

Now I could get all philosophical here and say something like "we all have our plastic pizzas in life," or "it's amazing how some of us settle for plastic pizza in life when we could have the real thing," and if I was preparing a lesson, I might just do that. But today, I'm just not that deep. All I really have to say is that at 1 in the morning, when the kid has finally fallen back asleep, snuggling that ugly plastic pizza...it actually just makes me hungry.

Hasta.

2 comments:

Michael said...

We had jons chinese last night.

I feel so guilty.

Paul said...

Hmmmm, so good, so good.

That's an easily justifiable guilty pleasure.